Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tit & Tat

Got to love the way Ryan Air handle their media. Announcing massive profits today and an unexpected dividend to their shareholders. Massive cash surplus that they must rid themselves of. All delivered with beams and the odd expletive. Love it.
There is probably nothing worse than a Capitalist with a social conscious but well, that's how it is for some. I'm not going into the debate regarding Ryan Air and that above statement. Only time is going to tell. I have an idea........
Love the way they spat with the government and lean on them on many levels. I have to take notice because most of what Ryan Air says makes sense when it comes to the well-being of the state. But governments don't like being leaned on. But the Ryan Air attitude really must be the one to engage in because without it we may be truly doomed. But I don't believe we are. Time to start the engines and let them roar. Stagnant is for the static. Time to move on.

I've been getting out quite a bit trying to get a few things moving in some areas. Wasn't long ago Don Booker sat with his state of recluse. All it needed was a little lean.

I love the way the people I meet recently put a great deal of knowledge and learning of life and people my way. Here's a nice article from that my friend Michelle found. Seems like my kinda dude. Ireland needs more of this. I believe we are on our way to getting it. Why? Because we are Irish. It's what we do.

The mess our structures are in and the divisions within society means we think we have a reliance on the government. But I see as I look around more and more people taking a shot on themselves instead. If they are supported the country has a chance. Communities rising to empower themselves can only be of benefit to the country in time. There's hundreds of way to do it. They need to be explored then implemented. Not recommended but implemented. And it needs to be done quick. Or we'll lose the entire generation to foreign shores. It suits some fine. But for others it's like being driven from your own land. That's wrong.

Shocking going-on in the Med yesterday. International law is still law. But the longer you live the more you realise that the law doesn't actually count for everyone. Is it any wonder then that more people don't take it seriously. We're overcrowding our Prisons. That's all the proof you need. Can't see Cowen's stance having Israel thundering in their boots. But what's going on in Gaza is shameful. I can't ignore those things. If we don't care we don't survive. Simple enough really.

The workings of this world mean we are constantly in a fragile state. Can we really thank ourselves for our survival when we do most anything to destroy the planet that provides the life we have? From present day thinking, a very unique thing. Why not explore all that is possible instead of trying to always destroy who we are?

Have a few ideas festering away so may be in touch with a few of you guys soon about a little project I'd like to life off. Nothing major but will involve the writing of a 10,000 word short story.
Right I better go... Booker's on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment