Monday, November 2, 2009

Two Great Quotes

Yesterday I was lucky enough to come across two brilliant quotes from two people who in my own humble believe both had brilliant minds.

The first is attributed to Ayn Rand . Rand was a novelist, philosopher and playwright, throughout her career. She is known for her two best-selling novels and for developing a philosophical system she called Objectivism. You can find out more about her extraordinary life here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayn_Rand.

Here is the quote -

"When trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need permission from men who produce nothing, when you see money flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you, when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice, you may know that your society is doomed".

The second quote is from an Anonymous source, but equally speaks volumes in such a short span. Here it is -

“It's not enough to have a dream unless I'm willing to pursue it. It's not enough to know what's right unless I'm strong enough to do it. It's not enough to join the crowd, to be acknowledged and accepted. I must be true to my ideals, even if I'm excluded and rejected. It's not enough to learn the truth unless I also learn to live it. It's not enough to reach for love unless I care enough to give it.”~Anonymous

Which all leads me to say this. If you have something to say it is best to say it. It can sometimes have a profound effect on people and perhaps their way of thinking. And for me, it really does not matter if you have had the most glorious of existences of whether no one ever knew who you were. The impact can be exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment