Sunday, June 27, 2010

Head On The Chopping Block

Two time champions Uruguay can feel slightly fortunate on reaching the last eight for the first time since 1970. Korean defensive frailties allowed Luis Suarez to score twice in a 2-1 win. Suarez is fast becoming a star of this tournament and his agent must be rubbing their hands at the prospect of cashing in. Can the Uruguayans win it?
NO!!
Korea, former semi finalists now fly home just one day after their Northern countrymen. Must have been nice to be a Korean for this World Cup despite their early but expected endings.

A guy called Gyan from Ghana fired the men made from tanks into the final eight at the expense of the United States. While they will not win this particular World Cup I'll put my punditry career on the line by saying that Ghana WILL win the World Cup by the turn of the century. If Pele can be wrong then why the hell can't I? Stick the old neck on the block for once in my life. If it was good enough for Maria Antoinette it's good enough for me.
The U.S were never going to be serious contenders despite Landon Donavan's equaliser to Boateng's opener for Ghana. It's becoming a great World Cup for the Boateng brothers, Kevin and Jerome. Kevin's half-bro plays for Germany and his opener will help bury the nightmare of an FA Cup final penalty miss just a few short weeks ago.
Donavan had promised the American fans in a weepy affair just a few days ago that there was more to come. He duly obliged on a personal level but his team didn't match his personal ambitions.

Ghana now play Uruguay in a showdown that I'm really looking forward to. It's surely going to be edgy. I see goals and red cards in my crystal ball with the team from Ghana creating history by reaching the semi-finals on penalties after a 1-1 draw aet.
Right I'm off to buy some eggs to have to rub in my face. Coming soon to a YouTube Channel near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment