Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August Blues

The August bank-holiday weekend has come and gone. I don't know whether it's the constant grey skies, the heavy weather or just a lack of energy, but I didn't feel like doing much the last couple of days. Writing can be like that sometimes and although I made attempts to write through it, I thought I'd benefit from a few days off.
It worked, as I rose this morning and decided to get some more submissions off early in the week. I'm concentrating on agents right now as I feel that I'd benefit greatly from having an ally when it comes to my work. Hope springs eternal, but the exploration of all avenues open to first time novelists continues.

I'm half way through the first draft of Cripple, my anthology contribution. It's some of the best work I've done so far and I'm looking forward to finishing the draft and really getting stuck into the nitty-gritty thereafter. I'm glad we have loose deadlines to meet with this project and that it's a ten thousand word assignment as opposed to anything longer. It's a good test in the short form.

Here's to a lively August. I just hope the sun comes out a little. I'm tired of water filled summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment