Friday, December 10, 2010

Sonny Strange Book Cover


Please don't get put off by the bleakness. Before I launch the Sonny Strange novella, I had to do a digital book cover, a condition to make sure that it gets accepted cross formats and distributors. It takes a number of weeks for it to pass on Smash words, but they are a growing company and once it's passed by them, it gets distributed across many platforms, from Amazon to Barnes & Noble, and can be read on many devices including the I-Pad, Kindle and Nook.

I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing. Thanks to a friend (Cheers Jason) I had Photoshop to work with and I know anyone into Photoshop and graphics would probably have put what i put together in a matter of minutes. This took me the best part of a day!

I wanted something that married well with the character and the times he finds himself in. My characters to date have been drawn from the working classes and are placed in a contemporary setting, that being recessionary Ireland.

All going well I should have a final few glitches in formatting ironed out over the next day or so and the novella will be available for download thereafter. I expect a million downloads by Christmas, but failing that I'll be in debt by anyone who does decide to read it. Which corresponds nicely with the state of the nation.

I'll post a more rounded synopsis and download details in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment