Sunday, February 20, 2011

Au Revfeckin'oir

A new week and a new political dawn beckon. By the end of next week we should have an idea who is going to form the next government, and who the electorate deem worthy to sit as elected Representatives in the 31st sitting of Dáil Eireann.
By the end of next week I should have the printed copies of Booker's World all going to plan with the printer. I don't know why I'm not excited about either. Maybe it's the fact I've seen little over the course of the election campaign that says to me we are about to enter a new era in our history.
I now know the parties I'll vote for and candidates that will get a preference now. I think the incoming TD's will be the most closely watched in the history of the state. Not so much by the mainstream media, but by small little movements across the land. Websites like story.ie and contact.ie. They are well capable in delivering.

I started this blog mainly as a writing blog, but its taken a political course over the past 6 months. It's eaten up time, and just like the efforts i put in pre-Lisbon 2, i doubt any highlighting or opinion I have will make much difference. All I know is that those who can vote in this election should. Change the way you vote. Don't be bought with promises. Think about what it is you want for the country, find the candidate who stand for that in some way, kick party allegiances and family political histories to the sidelines, and hope that the candidate you vote for gets in and honours what they stand for. If they don't, remove them next time.

I'm working on a website that offers another approach to the politic of the land, and that's where my efforts will be spent once the election result is in. The blog goes back to the writing and should a little absurdity raise its head, well, I may have a little fun with that.

No point wasting life's time any longer on the issues in this forum. Watching the country sink over the course of the past 2 and a half years has been a soul destroying experience. Not a good thing. Time to change direction. Get back to things that get life moving again. Bring back a little fun. The only experience that comes with a political commentary in this country is a bad one. It changes nothing.

Au Revfeckin'oir!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment